Myself, Megan Claydon, and Emmie Bryett (www.g324-sum2011-emmie-bryett.blogspot.com) two A2 pupils from Ilkley Grammar School, aged 17, are creating the a promotion package for the release of an album, to include a music promo video together with a cover for its release as part of an album digipak (CD/DVD package) and a magazine advertisement for the digipak (CD/DVD package.)

Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Changing our idea- EB

  • Due to complications with our original idea, for instance the song being too long, we realised that it would not work. 
  • We then came up with some ideas that would work better, Emmie came up with another idea, from The Beatles, which was:

EB wrote this post http://www.g324-sum2011-emmie-bryett.blogspot.com/


I'm only sleeping - The Beatles
Length: 3.02secsAlbum: Revolver
Lyrics:When I wake up early in the morning, 
Lift my head, I'm still yawning 
When I'm in the middle of a dream 
Stay in bed, float up stream 

Please don't wake me, no 
don't shake me 
Leave me where I am 
I'm only sleeping 

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy 
I don't mind, I think they're crazy 
Running everywhere at such a speed 
Till they find, there's no need 

Please don't spoil my day 
I'm miles away 
And after all 
I'm only sleeping 

Keeping an eye on the world going by my window 
Taking my time 

Lying there and staring at the ceiling 
Waiting for a sleepy feeling 

Please don't spoil my day 
I'm miles away 
And after all 
I'm only sleeping 

Keeping an eye on the world going by my window 
Taking my time 

When I wake up early in the morning, 
Lift my head, I'm still yawning 
When I'm in the middle of a dream 
Stay in bed, float up stream 

Please don't wake me, no 
don't shake me 
Leave me where I am 
I'm only sleeping 


Initial Idea : Having one main character as the person 'sleeping and dreaming'.. firstly the person would be drifting off into a sleep on the sofa/bed etc.. as soon as they shut their eyes- cut away to their dream..
This is where we could do almost anything but still incorporating the main character- one way would be that we could always have them in pjs- either in a city or on a train, or in the park ? anything! .. the lyrics could be incorporated too.. 'Keeing an eye on the world going by my window' - watching out his window or sat on the train watching out the window. ' everybody thinks im lazy, i dont care, i think theyre crazy' - could be the person stood in pj's in the middle of a busy street while people walk by- but we could speed it up so its in fast motion. 

However, after seeing a "boy band spoof" on you tube, me and Emmie both agreed that this would be a more enjoyable idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment