Myself, Megan Claydon, and Emmie Bryett (www.g324-sum2011-emmie-bryett.blogspot.com) two A2 pupils from Ilkley Grammar School, aged 17, are creating the a promotion package for the release of an album, to include a music promo video together with a cover for its release as part of an album digipak (CD/DVD package) and a magazine advertisement for the digipak (CD/DVD package.)

Saturday, 15 January 2011

The Group

Even though we changed our idea, me and Emmie Bryett, (http://www.g324-sum2011-emmie-bryett.blogspot.com/) have decided to carry on working together.

We have never worked together before as a group, as we were in separate classes last year, however we have both liked each others ideas, and we seem to work well together, "bouncing" off each others ideas. We share the same interests into the type of music we enjoy and listen too.

Megan (on the left- me!): I can carry out extensive research into our project, I do this by using media technology tools, and finding videos off websites such as youtube. I make sure I have a thorough understanding of what it is that we are trying to achieve, for instance who our target audience is, I then carry out research into this, to make sure I have evidence, for instance by asking people of different age ranges if they are interested in our idea. Due to this research that I carry out, I know what needs to be incorporated into our music video, I have found out key aspects of a boy band music video, the common scenes, clothing and dance moves. This will thoroughly help us compare to existing texts and help us "sell" our product. I am a motivated individual, and will not let down the other member of my group. Last year, I found I struggled due to lack of planning, I am adamant for this not to happen again. I do like to sometimes "take the lead" which I feel will help with a role of directing.


Emmie (on the right):  Emmie has a very wide music knowledge, her taste of music is very broad, helping her know the codes and conventions of each genre of music and what they tend to include in their music videos. She has a lot of knowledge of boy bands, and especially on aspects such as re-releases and "come backs." This is significant as we are doing a "re release." Emmie, does not tend to do as much writing as me, however, she does find out key points and she was an asset to our group when we were struggling of coming up with a new idea after we realised our original idea was a tad ambitious. She is very reliable, and will get anything done that she is asked too. She knows what shots work well together and she will also make a very good director for the dance moves and lip syncing, she knows various dance moves that we could incorporate into our product. 

Together, we will both edit, and both shoot the material, as there is not one of us that has a sounder understanding of these two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment