Myself, Megan Claydon, and Emmie Bryett (www.g324-sum2011-emmie-bryett.blogspot.com) two A2 pupils from Ilkley Grammar School, aged 17, are creating the a promotion package for the release of an album, to include a music promo video together with a cover for its release as part of an album digipak (CD/DVD package) and a magazine advertisement for the digipak (CD/DVD package.)

Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Coursework Pitch





Shoot me! Shoot me! Shoot me!

Here come old flattop. He come grooving up slowly
He got ju-ju eyeballs. He's one holy roller
He got hair down to his knee
Got to be a joker he just do what he please

Shoot me! Shoot me! Shoot me!

He wear no shoeshine he's got toe-jam football
He got monkey finger he shoot Coca-Cola
He say "I know you, you know me"
One thing I can tell you is you got to be free
Come together right now over me.

Shoot me! Shoot me! Shoot me!

He buy production he got walrus scumble
He's got Ono sideboard he's got spinal cracker
He's got feet down below his knee
Hold you in his arms till you can feel his disease
Come together right now over me.

He's roller-coaster he's got early warning
He's got muddy water he's got mojo filter
He say "One and one and one is three"
Got to be good looking 'cause he's so hard to see
Come together right now over me.

Shoot me! Shoot me! Shoot me!

Ow!

[solo]

Come together! Come together! Come together!
[repeat over solo until end]



The Beatles- Come Together lyrics 




  • I came up with this idea due to hearing it on an advert for The X Factor 
  • I had been wanting to use an old, "classic pop" song
  • Due to the fame of The Beatles, a lot of people know the song, therefore this would widen the target audience
  • As it is known as a "classic" I could use a range of ideas in my video, making it more modern, I could make it more post-modern, as I am using an existing idea, and playing around with the music video fir it, it has intertextuality 
  • "The Beatles week" on The X factor, was timed with you now being able to download their songs on Itunes 
  • My idea, was for the video to be in black and white, and following a main person, he eventually picks up people along the way on his journey, and he is holding a sign saying "come together" they all then eventually gather in a big group for the final lyric of "Come together, right now, over me" 
  • There would be a variety of shots, of various people, but mainly following the main persons journey, and shots of the publics reaction


3 comments:

  1. If you're still considering options, look up Alice Cooper, another classic rock icon from the 60s/70s - 'the beast of alice cooper' contains several which could be interesting, or his 'alice cooper goes to hell' album. if its ac/dc, you could include someone in a public schoolboy's uniform/shorts/cap (google angus young, their guitarist)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is on US time, not GMT, by the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. the U2 vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzZWSrr5wFI
    beatles rooftop gig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxyddcLgunA&feature=fvst

    ReplyDelete